I am a freelance writer and chocolate sommelier with a French accent based in the Philadelphia area. My mission is to grow the ranks of fine chocolate supporters through engaging storytelling, video training, and collaboration with chocolate industry professionals. In the cooler months, you’ll find me at winery or private club leading a wine and chocolate pairing event or at a cool venue in Kennett Square sharing stories from my cacao travels — sign up to the 37 Chocolates newsletter to be notified of the next ticketed tasting event.
For collaborations, partnerships, or schedule a private chocolate tasting, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (484) 639-9043.
I’ve worked with makers to create engaging wrappers (please-oh-please, no more “winnowing” on the back of package!); some of my clients include Kosak in Paris, France, and Qantu in Montreal, Canada. Read more about my philosophy here and contact me if you think we can work together.
- Chocolate that Shines, Crave Magazine, August 2016: a story about Chris Curtin, chocolatier at Eclat Chocolate
- Thirty-Seven Chocolates, Edible Philly, Holiday/Winter 2016: the story of my “37 Chocolates” challenge.
- Love in a Cup, Brewing the Perfect Cup of Tea, Edible Delmarva’s February 2017 Newsletter: my advice to brew a great cup of tea.
- Road Trip: The Main Line a Day – An Insider’s Guide for Food Lovers, Edible Philly, Spring 2017
- Three regional shops to try for cocoa confections, Grid Magazine, May 2017
- Crave Coffee, a tour through some of Pennsylvania’s hottest coffee shops, Crave Magazine, Summer/Fall 2017
- Tea for Two, a Local Couple Sells Taiwanese Tea with French Flair, Edible Philly, Fall 2017
- Renaissance Pastry, Crave Magazine, Winter/Spring 2017-2018
- Heavenly Sweet Chocolates, Crave Magazine, Winter/Spring 2017-2018
- A recipe for Drinking Chocolate, Edible Delmarva newsletter, February 2018
- Baking with French Flair, Crave Magazine, Spring/Summer 2018.
- Blueberry Love, Edible Delmarva, Summer 2018. Includes recipes for blueberry compote, blueberry lemonade, Dutch baby, and classic blueberry muffins.
- Chocolate and Beer Pairing with Philter Coffee and Kennett Brewing Company, Crave Magazine, Summer/Fall 2018
- Finding Balance: Double Spiral Chocolate, Edible Delmarva Magazine, Winter 2018/2019
- A Moroccan Tea Party, Edible Delmarva Magazine, Spring 2019
- Falling for Rhubarb, Edible Delmarva, Summer 2019
- Sweet N’ Local: These three companies deliver delicious treats without the bitter aftertaste of exploitation, Grid Magazine, June 2019
- Middle Eastern Eats, Edible Delmarva, Winter 2019/2020
- Will Travel for Chocolate Factories, Eating Well, January/February 2020
- Little Goat Coffee Roasting, Newark’s Coffee Darling, Edible Delmarva, Spring 2020
I also develop education content for customers in the chocolate industry. In 2017, I wrote 10 articles for Bar & Cocoa’s blog.
My French Books
Guide de survie alimentaire aux Etats-Unis, a food survival guide for French expats in the US available in French.
Un amour de myrtille, 10 blueberry recipes inspired by Pennsylvania.
Recettes de survie aux États-Unis, 25 recipes for French expats in the US.